What is Reiki?
Reiki is a gentle (yet powerful) Japanese energy technique, with Tibetan origins, where an emphasis is placed on the body's natural ability to heal itself. The word REIKI, pronounced Ray-Key, means "Universal Life Energy". Born on the 15th August 1865, Dr. Mikao Usui is the founder of the Reiki system healing that is most commonly taught and practiced today - known as Usui Reiki.
We are all healers. At birth, we are very powerful transmitters of Source energy. Deep down, our body knows better than we do what it needs for healing and how to access this wisdom. However, as we settle into the lower vibrations of the physical world and modern civilization, we forget our connection to this Source - causing the natural flow of energy to become blocked and stagnant.
To help the body activate its natural healing processes and restore well-being (physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually), the practitioner channels this unseen "Universal Life Energy" into the client's body, enhancing the client's body's natural healing ability and supporting well-being. By clearing blocks and rebalancing the energy flow, the body can move to an optimal state where it can access its ability to heal itself.
A Reiki treatment can also:
- Promote harmony & balance
- Relax and release tension from the body
- Cleanse the body of toxins and support the immune system
- Help you sleep better
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing
- Enhances self-awareness and self-esteem
- Rebalance Chakras and remove blocks
- Help you connect with your intuition
You might experience the following during the session: sensations of hot or cold, see colours, fall asleep, stomach noises, involuntary movement, past life flashes, memory flash, or emotional responses (such as crying). Whatever you may experience, it is important to remember that Reiki treatments are safe and non-invasive; it cannot cause harm.
With Distance Reiki, you can receive Reiki treatment benefits from the comfort of our own home. You can sit or lie down in a quiet place, perhaps play some soothing music to help create a relaxing space. During this time, there will be a connection made between your energy and the Reiki energy. Healing is sent to the energy centers in your body (chakras), and any other areas that require healing (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual) discussed during your private and confidential consultation before the session.
Distance Reiki sessions will be available in December 2020. Please see below for more details.
Not only do we - as human beings - need healing energy for our body and soul, but so do our cherished pets. The Animal Reiki energy used during a session is different from human Reiki. It is its own unique Reiki frequency of animal life force energy, inspired by The Holy Fire® III Reiki energy. It was developed specifically to be compatible with all Reiki lineages – making it possible for more animals and people (because humans can also receive this Reiki frequency) to be reached.
Animal Reiki is a complementary therapy for animals and should not be used in place of professional medical treatment/advice.
Treatments can be done at a distance or in-person (just as human Reiki). Reiki is gentle and most animals love it. It is important to remember that Reiki can do no harm as it is guided by spiritual consciousness. Reiki and the animal know what is needed, so Reiki will adjust its energy to create an appropriate and beneficial effect.
Some of the benefits for animals include:
- PHYSICAL: reduces stress • improves recovery from injury • improves recovery from surgery • reduces inflammation • reduces symptoms or side effects from illness or • assists with physical comfort in ageing, injured or ill animals •
- EMOTIONAL: may assist with behavioural problems such as excessive barking and separation anxiety • issues resulting from abuse or mistreatment • Animal compassion fatigue • support with veterinary care •
- SPIRITUAL: increase in life force vitality • increased peace • a renewed sense of purpose • assists during compassionate euthanasia • other spiritual needs •
Distance Reiki sessions for pets will be available in December 2020. See below for more details.
Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.
- Buddha -
DISTANCE REIKI SESSION
Just like an in-person appointment, a date & time will be scheduled for your Reiki session. During this time, Christine will:
- Contact you on Zoom to ask you a few intro questions as well as consult with you to see if you have any concerns, questions, and hopes for the session. (approx.: 10 minutes)
- Then you will be encouraged to find a quiet place and perhaps play some soothing music to help create a relaxing space. A connection will be made with your energy and the Reiki energy as healing is directed to each of your chakras as well as other areas of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual healing that was discussed during your private and confidential consultation. (approx.: 40 mins)
- At the end of the session, Christine, will call you again to review any messages that were received during your session, discuss the flow of energy, and answer any further questions that you may have. (approx.: 10 minutes)
DISTANCE ANIMAL REIKI
Just like a human appointment, a date & time will be scheduled for your pets’ Reiki session. The entire session will be completed on Zoom as this allows Christine to stay connected with you, the caregiver, and your pet. During this time, Christine will:
- Ask you a few questions about your pet before the Reiki begins (approx.: 10 minutes)
- You will be encouraged to find a place where you can relax with your beloved companion. A connection will be made with your pets’ energy and the Reiki energy is sent to where it is needed. (approx.: 10-25 minutes)
- At the end of the session, Christine, will review any messages that were received during the session, discuss the flow of energy, and answer any further questions that you may have. (approx.: 10 minutes)
By booking a Reiki session, you are agreeing that you have read and accepted the disclaimer on the website below.
Due to the energetic nature of this work, there are no refunds or exchanges.
After your purchase, you will be sent an email with information for the video call.
When purchasing a Reiki session for yourself, you are giving Christine permission to connect to your energy.
When purchasing a Reiki session for pet, you are giving Christine permission to connect to your pets' energy.
Disclaimer: Although Reiki is used for emotional and physical well-being, it is not intended to be used in place of professional medical treatment. You must be 19 years of age or older. Christine Maunu-Westley is not a Veterinarian, Medical Doctor or Psychologist. Therefore, any information provided/referenced/suggested during a Reiki session is not intended to, nor should it ever, take the place of any medical, psychiatric, or other professional advice of any kind. Christine Maunu-Westley and Wisdom Within The Winds will not be held responsible or liable for any losses/damages/issues arising from the information provided/referenced/suggested during the session. All decisions made by and all actions taken by the client as a result of any information provided/referenced/suggested during the session are the sole responsibility of the client and by purchasing a Reiki session the client indicates an understanding of these terms and waives any and all ability to take legal action against the Reiki practitioner. By purchasing a Reiki session, the client also agrees that they may be contacted by email about their appointment.